This year, I am Not Being Embarrassed (much). Here are five things I have not been embarrassed about:
- Walking at work with the strap on my shoe broken (because what exactly was being embarrassed going to do to help anything? See also zip, below).
- Being seen by unexpected visitors wandering the house in a strappy singlet.
- Cupcakes. (Because “we’re grownups now and it’s our turn to decide what that means”).
- The url of the article I was looking at when the firm-wide email came around warning us not to abuse our internet freedom. (Thankyou so much /Karen/!)
- Having a photoshoot in the loungeroom while my housemates sat around drinking champagne and watching me, made-up and coiffed, being told to stand like that, tilt my head like this, smile, throw my arms out etc. Oh, and my zip broke.
I think I am growing as a person.
Hee hee? It was really hard work to be amused about that, and not humiliated!!
Good work on your resolution!
Are you having a photo shoot for anything in particular?
Interesting article despite the embarrassing url, even if it did make me feel bad for not having been measured for a bra for years due to laziness rather than embarrassment :)
Heh – I saw someone had clicked on that link, and was wondering who it was.
Photo shoot is for a magazine article. I’m an, um, before and after feature. I’ll say more about it if&when it actually hits newsstands.
Pingback: Comparing myself favourably to Sandra Bullock « Errantry