This is a fairly flat piece – I wanted to try out different ways of treating hand-drawn lines on scanning. Charlotte and Elise kindly posed for a quick reference photo. I drew a pencil sketch and an ink (marker) final. After I scanned it, I imported it into a vector program (Inkscape) and reduced it to a single black line. This gave a much smoother finish than fiddling around with Photoshop (but I only have Elements). Colour and texture added in Photoshop, as usual.
In other news, I reached 50,000 words today for NaNoWriMo (but still haven’t finished the story, although a possible end is in sight). I have been taking tennis lessons with my sister. Some new illustration projects are in the works. After the Pratchett play last night a friend and I drove around Indooroopilly and shouted “Expelliarmus!” at full-costumed Potter fans taking photos of themselves walking over the zebra-crossing. I went to the Southbank Institute graphic design portfolio show tonight, and Shayna (sister of the models above) won the paper portfolio prize, very deservedly. And I received a much-awaited letter today, of which more tomorrow (I hope).