I’ve been trying to do a bit more fan-art/loosely-inspired sketches this year. Mostly (but not entirely) of books. These are based on January’s reading.
Books (not including manuscripts for illustration)
- The Nightjar — Deborah Hewitt (this made me look up nightjars, which are kind of amazing)
- Silver in the Wood — Emily Tesh (bolshie dryads!)
- I See, I See — R. Henderson (delightful turn-about picture book by a Brisbane author: recommended, and everyone I’ve shown it to so far has bought it)
- Domestic Life in England — Norah Lofts (flawed yet captures the acceleration of history)
- Show Your Work — Austin Kleon (… great, actually — I tend to resist small square books)
- Through the Woods — Emily Carroll (creepy-beautiful!)
(I have longer ramblier thoughts on Patreon).
- Little Women (Amy!)
- JoJo Rabbit (feels in some respects (for narrative reasons I think are deliberate) like a movie about East Berlin)
- Levi Pinfold‘s talk at Where the Wild Things Are bookshop about illustrating the 20th anniversary(!) Goblet of Fire.
- The Witcher Season 1. (Much fun!)
Pingback: February post round-up | Kathleen Jennings
Pingback: Observation Journal: Mix and Match | Kathleen Jennings
Pingback: 2020 reading | Kathleen Jennings