Some tiny birds from the margins and interstices of my notebook/journal. I quite like the faint shadow on the owl (top right).
They aren’t illustrative of anything in particular except, perhaps, horror vacui (what else are dragons for?).
The brown birds were, however, suggested by some sketches I did in the Qld Museum on Saturday, while I watched children being towed away from fascinated contemplation of fossils to look at snakes, and being blindsided by the actual height of a bush stone curlew.
- Moleskine squared sketchbook
- Pilot BPS-GP <F> ballpoint pen
- Daniel Smith watercolour (dot sample sheets)
- Moleskine pocket sketchbook
- Pitt artist pens (I think these are the sets I started with, way back, but I just keep replacing individual pens): Greys/blacks; terra; landscape; brights.
(NB: some of those are affiliate links which means I might get a very small commission if you buy something after clicking through, but I do encourage you to buy/order from local art stores if you have them!)