Here is quick summary of the March blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
- February 2021 — round-up of posts
- * Observation Journal — Paired points (on finding both sides of issues to work on)
- * Observation journal — practical application (on adjusting for habits, and using them as springboards)
- Crawford Award finalists (including Flyaway!)
- Sketching once more (sketching out and about)
- Observation Journal: Work at Play (leaving time to tinker)
- The tiniest things (drawing very small)
- Chain of Iron (with illustrations) — NYT bestseller
- * Observation Journal: Do it for the aesthetic (on how far an aesthetic can drive an idea)
- Observation Journal — do it for the aesthetic #2 (as above, with more pictures)
- * Sketchbook colours: blue and gold (on limiting colours)
- Map illustration workshop — 19 June 2021
- Heyer has arrived! (book post)
- * Observation Journal — do it for the aesthetic #3 (mixing and matching aesthetic/genre/mood)
- April Calendar: silver and gold
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included a mood map of a work in progress, several tests towards an art style for a comic project, some week-by-week collected observation journal pages, a drawing hack, sneak peeks of silhouette dragons and workshop sketches, printable stationery, and advance notice of the calendar and some other ideas. Oh, and a seven page comic for those at the story level.
Note: If you’d like to support art and writing and posts like these about it, patrons at (patreon.com/tanaudel) get behind-the-scenes process and sneak-peeks, starting from US$1, or you could buy me a (virtual) coffee or two at ko-fi.com/tanaudel (and I get through quite a bit of coffee).