Here is quick summary of the April blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
- March 2021 — round-up of posts
- Cover Reveal: A Skinful of Shadows (a silhouette for a Frances Hardinge)
- Observation Journal: Ridiculous (but charming!) situations (thoughts on Regency romances)
- Silhouette card: A 21st Dragon
- Art Process: Chain of Iron silhouette portraits
- Timelapse silhouette cutting (video)
- Observation journal: abbreviations and omissions (on occasionally letting things slide)
- “Silver and gold” prints (they can be bought!)
- Observation Journal — unsubstantiated manifesto (strong if not thought-through opinions)
- Sketching matrix games (thoughts on documentary sketching at a workshop)
- *Observation Journal — Stories into spaces (how shapes change stories)
- Illustrations: a wedding, a kite
- Barnes & Noble, Union Square! (Flyaway was in it!)
- Observation Journal — application to a story (thoughts on editing “Not to be Taken”)
- Books read, things seen: January, February, March 2021
- May calendar — Frog princes
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included a cover art process post, several tests of style and media for a comics project, some extremely tiny comics, several sneak-peeks at a yet-to-be-announced work in progress, some week-by-week collected observation journal pages, a new Dalek Game drawing and some froggy stationery — and, for those at the short story level, a one-page comic.
Note: If you’d like to support art and writing and posts like these about it, patrons at (patreon.com/tanaudel) get behind-the-scenes process and sneak-peeks, starting from US$1, or you could buy me a (virtual) coffee or two at ko-fi.com/tanaudel (and I get through quite a bit of coffee).