Here is quick summary of the May blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
- April 2021 — round-up of posts
- Brisbane Writers Festival (announcing a panel which has now happened)
- *Observation Journal — Unlikely Abrupt Intense Proximities (favourite ridiculous romance situations, and having fun with genre situations)
- Books read, things seen: April 2021
- *Observation Journal — Food as Magic and other quibbles (pushing around genre tropes)
- Brisbane Writers Festival 2021 (short festival report, long digression on parameters and uses of myth and fairy tales)
- *Observation Journal — Five Things to Steal, cosy crime edition (Shakespeare & Hathaway; Rosemary & Thyme; surroundings & dynamics)
- South of the Sun — pre-orders (anthology of Australian fairy tales)
- Locus Award finalists — Art
- Lots of little bad drawings (lots of, lessons from, purposes for)
- Observation Journal — on editing (obvious lessons)
- Australian Shadows Awards — finalist
- Note to self: useful editorial comments (thoughts about them)
- *Observation Journal: Title patterns (fun with them, ideas from them)
- Observation Journal: playing with first lines
- Map illustration workshop — 19 June 2021
- Books! Birthdays! (books I have written that people can buy)
- *Observation Journal — staring at sentences (an appreciation of some favourite first lines)
- June 2021 Calendar — Dragons
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included: two process posts on a yet-to-be-published map, two weeks worth of Observation Journal pages, a sneak-peek at a design for an art-swap, some examples of how I use computers in non-digital drawing, a new Dalek, and some dragon-themed stationery.
Note: If you’d like to support art and writing and posts like these about it, patrons at (patreon.com/tanaudel) get behind-the-scenes process and sneak-peeks, starting from US$1, or you could buy me a (virtual) coffee or two at ko-fi.com/tanaudel (and I get through quite a bit of coffee).