Here is quick summary of the July blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
- June 2021 — round-up of posts
- Observation Journal: Lessons for presentations and conferences (some experience-based tips on preparing for them, if you are at all like me)
- Difficult dogs (mostly corgis)
- *Observation Journal — more swapped descriptions (ruffling the fur of the language the wrong way)
- “On Pepper Creek” — illustration process
- Books read, things seen: June 2021
- Observation Journal — story patterns (using big moods to outline an idea)
- Art process: a small discarded skull
- *Observation Journal: Twenty purposes for a short story (including revenge on friends)
- Drawings from the QWC Map Workshop (little worlds)
- Flyaway shortlisted for Courier-Mail People’s Choice Award (voting open now)
- *Observation Journal — sympathy for characters (some ways of creating it)
- Flyaway: World Fantasy finalist
- Combined sketches (mashed-up illustrations for a slide-show)
- Shortlist — British Fantasy Awards
- *Observation journal: patterns and textures (noticing, recording, repurposing)
- August Calendar: Sprigs
- Back from Toowoomba, trailing ghosts (a ghost)
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included: early sneak-peeks at illustrations, sketch studies, several weeks of observation journal pages, advance glimpses at the notes for a finished but not-yet-announced writing project, general writing updates, and a one-page comic test.
Note: If you’d like to support art and writing and posts like these about it, patrons at (patreon.com/tanaudel) get behind-the-scenes process and sneak-peeks, starting from US$1, or you could buy me a (virtual) coffee or two at ko-fi.com/tanaudel (and I get through quite a bit of coffee).