Here is quick summary of the August blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
- July 2021 — round-up of posts
- Observation Journal: A good sentence (breaking down a favourite sentence to find out why)
- A few more uses for the observation journal (learned from giving workshops)
- Next Library updates (more library art and photos)
- Observation Journal — a sequence of week-in-review pages (a summary of summaries, mostly green)
- Observation Journal — three thoughts about maps (opinions, including on drawing them)
- New fabrics on Spoonflower (houses and mermaids)
- Pandora’s Box — A Spell for Returning (a very tiny story for a sticker)
- Two days left to vote! (Voting is finished, but Flyaway is shortlisted for the Courier-Mail People’s Choice award at the QLAs! The awards are next week.)
- TV sketching — backgrounds (Midsomer Murders and Leverage)
- QATA workshops — a brief account (overview of the observation journal workshops I gave at the Qld Art Teachers conference)
- All the Murmuring Bones — hardcover sneak peeks (art, mermaids!)
- *Observation Journal — similes and genre flips (rolling ideas between worlds)
- Sketches at GOMA — European Masterpieces
- Birthday cards — mermaid and dragons
- *Observation Journal: By whom and to whom (who tells the story, who listens, how that changes it)
- *Midsomer Sketching (more Midsomer Murders)
- Books read, things seen: July 2021
- September Calendar — Chairs
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included: art workshop reports, sneak-peeks of illustrations in progress, bits of projects yet to be released, thoughts on bells, and advance views of observation journal pages (and some art sent out to a few supporters).
Note: If you’d like to support art and writing and posts like these about it, patrons at (patreon.com/tanaudel) get behind-the-scenes process and sneak-peeks, starting from US$1, or you could buy me a (virtual) coffee or two at ko-fi.com/tanaudel (and I get through quite a bit of coffee).