Here is quick summary of the September blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
The starred posts have art and writing exercises (tags: writing exercise, art exercise), but most of the observation journal posts can generally be adapted for those purposes too.
- August 2021 — round-up of posts
- New story: The Wonderful Stag… (and a little bit behind it)
- More Midsomer sketching
- *Observation Journal: Drawing from other images — using one image to change another
- Bird’s-Eye View – sketching from above
- Observation Journal — project reviews (calendar art)
- Story shapes and extrapolation — using story shapes to extrapolate from ideas
- Observation Journal — time vs floors and ceilings — time vs me
- *Musical werewolves — a game for one or more players
- *Observation Journal: The evolving review, art process, sparks
- New Corella Press title on approach — From Shadow Land and Other Ghost Stories
- Observation Journal: More mixed descriptions — playing again with swapped metaphors and attributes
- School sketches — Concordia
- Observation Journal: Tinkering with story engines — putting together some previous exercises to see what happens
- *Some thoughts about crowd scenes, by way of the sketchbook
- British Fantasy Award — Flyaway for Best Newcomer !
- New map! Amira & Hamza: The War to Save the Worlds
- October Calendar — Bats!
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included: resources from a guest lecture, advance glimpses of silhouettes, sneak-peeks at a project in progress, stationery (manicules!), and a Dalek-ish take on Heyer.
Note: If you’d like to support art and writing and posts like these about it, patrons at (patreon.com/tanaudel) get behind-the-scenes process and sneak-peeks, starting from US$1, or you could buy me a (virtual) coffee or two at ko-fi.com/tanaudel (and I get through quite a bit of coffee).
Pingback: October 2021 — round up of posts | Kathleen Jennings
Pingback: 2021 writing update | Kathleen Jennings