Here is quick master list of the November blog posts (not including Patreon posts). This was an exciting month, in which my computer AND brakes died, but I still managed to finish the second draft of a book(?!).
The starred posts have art and writing exercises (tags: writing exercise, art exercise), but most of the observation journal posts can generally be adapted for those purposes too.
- October 2021 — round up of posts
- World Fantasy Convention 2021 — where I’ll (virtually) be — which is to say, where I virtually was
- Some trees to be lost in — a map-planning sketch
- Observation Journal: Notes on Kim Scott’s “Taboo” — things to learn and run with
- *Observation journal — some less common points of view
- Process Post: Mother Thorn internal illustrations — lots of art and process
- Ditmar Awards open for voting — three nominations! (voting now closed and awards announced)
- Fairy tales and silhouettes: An interview with Juliet Marillier — in which we interview each other, with many more sketches
- Ditmar Awards: Flyaway and Mother Thorn
- *Observation Journal: Mixing and matching stories and imagery — using the textures and motifs from one story to adjust another
- *Observation Journal — much-used words and symbolism — unpacking what I mean by the words I use too often
- Science Write Now #5: Illustration and Illumination — featuring several observation journal posts!
- Celebrating Mother Thorn — online on 1 December 2021 — now available to rewatch here
- Books read, things seen — September 2021
- December 2021 Calendar — the mail — including art process
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included: seaside photographs for desktop backgrounds, printable chicken stationery, early access to the interview with Juliet above, more observation journal pages, updates on a graphic novel project (in its very early days), a tiny tigerish story, a nocturnal Dalek, a larger hi-res colouring version of the December calendar art, and stationery motifs drawn from that art, as well as early access to the calendar.
Note: If you’d like to support art and writing and posts like these about it, patrons at (patreon.com/tanaudel) get behind-the-scenes process and sneak-peeks, starting from US$1, or you could buy me a (virtual) coffee or two at ko-fi.com/tanaudel (and I get through quite a bit of coffee).
Pingback: 2021 writing update | Kathleen Jennings
Pingback: December 2021 — round-up of posts | Kathleen Jennings