Here is quick master list of the January 2022 blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
- December 2021 — round-up of posts
- Books read, things seen — October, November, December 2021 (rather a lot of mid-century mysteries)
- 2021 Art — an incomplete survey (but with lots of pictures)
- Observation journal — plans and deliberateness (the urge to do things the ‘right’ way vs what I actually like)
- Girls Running From Houses (started a Gothic bot, having a great time)
- The mythic weight of cities (thoughts on reasons and ways to capture it)
- *Observation Journal — more Caudwelling (swapping descriptions between paired words)
- Sketching: Late night at Avid Reader
- “Gisla and the Three Favours” in Year’s Best Fantasy Vol. 1
- TV Sketching: Queens of Mystery (season 2 episodes 1 and 2)
- Breaking down stories — variations (ways of using classic tales to splint and bolster stories)
- *Observation Journal: 30 descriptions of a tree
- TV sketching: Queens of Mystery (season 2 episodes 3 and 4)
- Observation Journal: Things that might make her do the thing (time management)
- Sunday Morning Transport launched! (new short story newsletter — worth checking out!)
- *Observation Journal — picture to story idea (the ongoing quest to trick ideas into taking on story-shapes)
- Australian Speculative Fiction project interview (now updated to include both parts)
- TV Sketching: Queens of Mystery (season 2 episodes 5 and 6)
- *Observation Journal: Swapped descriptions and descriptive filters (playing with tones and hints and shadings)
- February 2022 calendar — banners
Also, I started a mailing list (not a newsletter; it’s mostly for major news and things people might have missed). If that’s for you, the sign-up page is here, and the first email will be going out very soon to see if it all works.
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included: updates on a book(!); advance week-by-week observation journal disclosures, with PDFs; adventures in book/zine design; sneak-peeks at project reference sketches; sketchbook glimpses; spreadsheets of three-moods readings of stories in Tor.com’s Some of the Best of 2021 and Samanta Schweblin’s Mouthful of Birds; mushroom-themed gift tags; advance higher-resolution files of the calendar; and illustrations for some stories for patrons.