Here is quick master list of the February 2022 blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
The starred posts have art and writing exercises (tags: writing exercise, art exercise), but most of the observation journal posts can generally be adapted for those purposes too.
- January 2022 — round-up of posts
- January 2022 Big Giant Three-Mood Story Reading Thread (three-mood story summaries and cumulative thoughts on the structures and patterns of stories)
- *Observation Journal: Proof of… (ways to see and reshape the world)
- Art reveal: WILDERLORE maps
- Art Process: Wilderlore Maps (all about how I drew them)
- Some of the Best — free ebook! (Tor.com’s selection of some great short stories from 2021)
- An Interview with Amanda Foody (author of the Wilderlore books)
- Flight has arrived! (it’s a real book!)
- *Observation journal: Secrets and preoccupations (tinkering with stories and phrasing)
- Three moods master post update (signalling a big edit of Story shapes — three-mood stories)
- Observation Journal: 5 Things to Steal from A Surfeit of Lampreys
- TV Sketching: Midsomer Murders (S22 E5&6)
- Maps in Books: An interview with Karyn Lee, designer (of the Wilderlore books)
- Maps in Books: An interview with Kate Prosswimmer, editor (of the Wilderlore books)
- March 2022 calendar — hares
- February short story reading thread — enormous post collating several twitter threads of notes and observations on short stories
Also, I started a mailing list (not a newsletter; it’s for major news and things people might have missed). You can sign up here:
Posts over on Patreon, at various tiers, included: teasers about a musical performance; early notice of publications; advance week-by-week observation journal disclosures, with PDFs; PDF tables of a book or two’s worth of short story notes; sneak-peeks of test patches for top-secret projects; a PDF zine of Queens of Mystery sketches; early access to author/art director/publisher interviews; the results of adventures in book printing; slides and readings from a writing workshop; and a few flood updates which postponed some other posts.
Pingback: March 2022 — round-up of posts | Kathleen Jennings
Pingback: 2022 Writing Update | Kathleen Jennings