Here is quick master list of the September 2022 blog posts (not including Patreon posts).
- August 2022 — round-up of posts
- Curlews on Vulture Street launch and exhibition of original illustrations — a great book on the experiences of an urban ecologist studying the birds of Brisbane
- Night at the (Gympie) Library 9 September — this has happened, and was delightful, and I’ll post more when I have photos from the library
- * Observation Journal: The Story Behind The Story — a way to lift the top off a story and see what’s happening underneath
- Framing — preparation for the Curlews launch
- Oz Comic Con Brisbane 2022 — this has now happened and was a good time
- The Year’s Best Fantasy Vol. 1 — I’m adding links to my notes on the stories, and so far I’ve read 14 of 23
- * Observation Journal: more swapped descriptions (gilded) — playing with descriptions and expectations
- AFTS Conference — registrations close 18 September 2022 — this is on this weekend, and between editing and maps, I am there having a fascinating
- Interview with (and Flyaway art by) Anika Kls / Artventurin — art and the artist!
- Keeping thoughts on books — winning at book club
- LitJoy Crate — The Folk of the Air — this is sold out BUT you can sign up for a waitlist in case they are able to add more to their order
- * Observation Journal: Swapping characterisations and roles — more ways to rework, enliven, or interrogate a story
- September 2022 Short Story Reading Post — notes about the structures and techniques of 21 short stories
- October 2022 Calendar — danse macabre (ish) — skeleton dance in blue or hot pink, also available in my Halloween collection on Redbubble.
Posts over on Patreon at various tiers included: sneak-peeks of patterns and unicorns, updates on test prints, writing updates, printable additions for stationery and documents, bits of work in progress so top secret even the client doesn’t know the creatures were in the illustration, early access, full weeks of observation journal pages (with PDFs), and early access to the calendar, along with two alternative colour schemes.